Concerned about breast health? Be proactive! Follow these steps for healthier breast tissue.
1. Massage daily. Moving breast tissue daily is important for breast health. Not only does it move the tissue and break up fibroids, it allows women to know their breast and recognize any irregularities that may occur. Bras restrain breasts rendering this area of the lymphatic system unable to move and circulate. This lack of activity causes stagnation, which could lead to the potential buildup of toxins. Doing a simple breast massage in the shower every morning with non-toxic soap is a great way to improve breast health. Simply place a hand over the breast and firmly rotate the breast tissue clockwise in circles 20 times; reverse direction and repeat with the other breast. Please note: when you first start doing this you may notice bumps and lumps and experience some pain as you break up fibroids. Don’t be alarmed if it takes a week or two for them to start to dissolve and become less painful. If things don’t improve or change in a few weeks, seek the advice of a medical professional.
2. Use nontoxic deodorant. The armpit (or axilla) is one of the most porous areas on the body so be sure to use products that are nontoxic and as natural as possible. There are a number of inexpensive options like baking soda, coconut oil or lemon juice but my personal choice is and favorite brand is by “Rustic Maka” which is available on my website and in the office.
3. Opt for wireless bras: I encourage all the women I work with to purchase wireless bras. Wearing a tight fitting underwire bra can cut off lymph drainage, which can contribute to the development of breast cancer. If a woman keeps the metal underwire on the skin all day, over time that will disrupt the function of the nearby areas (liver, gallbladder, and stomach). In addition to that, the metal wire can also act as an antenna attracting electromagnetic fields, which can also increase the risk of breast cancer.
4. Get a thermogram: Fear-based marketing has us buffaloed into believing that in order to prevent disease we must be subjected to radiation yearly in order to stay healthy. We’ve been told that science reveals all answers and our common sense is worthless. This belief compels women to line up for mammograms, even though their common sense (and new studies) tells us that radiation causes cancer. The good news is that now there is a much safer alternative scientifically proven to be effective at early detection. Breast thermography detects patterns of heat generated by the increased circulation produced by abnormal metabolic activity in cancer cells. This activity occurs long before a cancer starts to invade new tissue. A breast thermogram has the ability to identify a breast abnormality five to ten years before the problem can be found on a mammogram, without the toxic radiation. Contact me if you are interested in a recommendation for nearby clinics that do thermograms.
5. See a Natural Health Practitioner: Painful breasts during menstruation can often mean toxic tissue; toxic tissue can often become a breeding ground for cancer. It is important that your detox channels are open (lymph, bowel, liver and kidneys) and that your body is detoxing regularly. Keeping your body detoxed is not only important for breast health, but it is important to your overall health.
If you or someone you know needs assistance with breast health, call 517 721 1904.