Smart Meters: What you need to know
There is a hidden danger to you and your family and it is attached to your house. In the last few years, energy companies have been switching annealing meters to smart meters. Smart meter radiation has been compared to 110 cell phones per one meter.
Before you allow this and comply with these companies, make sure you have all the information to make the right decision for you and your family.
Utility companies around the world are replacing electric, gas and water analog meters with pulsed radiation smart meter networks, which are costing us money, privacy, and our health and safety. Smart Meters (also called AMI, or AMR) eliminate meter reader jobs and are part of the “Smart Grid”, which is an expensive wireless system installed on our homes, businesses, and in our environment that customers pay for. It’s being installed without informed consent and without full disclosure of how they work and what they can do with the personal data they collect. Customers and the media report serious complaints about Smart Meters for the following reasons:
1. Cybersecurity threat—Former CIA director James Woolsey says the hacking vulnerabilities of the Smart Grid render it “a really really stupid grid”
2. Privacy invasion—Smart Meters are a surveillance device. They are a search without a warrant. They collect detailed energy usage. For instance, when you cook, watch TV, whether you are home or not, when you turn on a light, or if you have guests.
3. Health hazard—Military studies here show pulsed radiation can cause serious health problems, including tinnitus, memory loss and seizures. Thousands of studies link biological effects to RF radiation exposure, including increased cancer risk, damage to the nervous system, adverse reproductive effects, DNA damage, and more.
4. Fires, explosions and burnt out appliances—Smart meter installations are causing fires, explosions and burnt out appliances in homes across the US, Canada and Australia.
5. Cost increases—There have been widespread reports of smart meter billing overcharges.
The smart meter debacle is a huge threat to our health, safety, privacy, and wallet, but it is also an opportunity and a teachable moment about the dangers of wireless technology, corporate control, and false solutions to a looming climate catastrophe.
stopsmartmeters.org is a grassroots group against Smart Meters which was started in 2010. With your help, we can work toward a truly sustainable, equitable and democratic energy system, and new wireless standards that will put human and environmental health before profit.
For more information visit: http://emfsafetynetwork.org/smart-meters/ and https://stopsmartmeters.org.