This is one of my favorite dishes in the fall when the cabbage is fresh out of the garden! It takes some prep time but is easy once the assembly is done! Enjoy!
- 12 cabbage leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1(15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cabbage leaves with boiling water until leaves are limp, drain water.
- Brown beef, add seasoning to beef.
- Cook quinoa.
- Mix beef, quinoa, 1/2 CUP tomato sauce, additional seasonings to taste.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce to bottom of baking dish so they don’t stick.
- Put 1/3 cup beef/quinoa/tomato mixture in each leaf; roll, tucking in the sides.
- Place, seam side down in baking dish, repeat until leaves and mixture is gone.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over rolls.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve.